Gränsfors Axe Museum
Welcome to this museum in Gränsfors showing more than 2000 axes!
Next door to the forge lies Gränsfors Axe Museum, packed with over 2,000 axes from floor to ceiling. And anyone who thinks an axe is an axe is in for a surprise – there are special axes for most purposes. The museum’s collection includes root axes, notching axes, marking axes, mortise axes, packing house axes, adzes, pick axes, fire axes, battle axes, executioner’s axes and double bit throwing axes, to name but a few. The museum also has on display axe models forged at Gränsfors Bruk and in Gränsfors before the time of the forge. The oldest axe from Gränsfors is a small stone axe that dates back around 3,500 years and was found on the river bank.
At Gränsfors Axe Museum, visitors can try their hand at throwing an axe and chopping and splitting firewood.
The museum is open weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm.
The Axe Museum is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
Admission is free.
- Children/ Family
- Close to nature
- All year
- Close to coast
- Forest area
- Kultur & Tradition
- Organizer: Upplev Nordanstig
- Phone number (booking): 46 0652-71090
- Phone number: +46 0652-71090
- Website: www.gransforsbruk.com
- Contact person email: email@example.com
- Address: Gränsfors 381, 82952 Bergsjö
- Opening hours: All year, when forgery is open. Weekdays 9am-3pm. Possible with guided tours. Must be booked in advance.
Occasions (<% occasionResult.length %>)
Show 97 more occasions...