Oscarsborg - Observation tower
The observation tower on East Mountain was inaugurated in 1895.
Oscarsborg came about on the initiative of Gustaf Hultqvist, engineer and conductor of the Söderhamn Singing Society, who also designed the building. To raise money for the Project he arranged big parties in 1893 and 1894, which were so successful that the tower could be built from bricks rather than -as originally intended- wood.
- Phone number: +46 0270-750 00
- Address: Östra Bergsgatan 7, 826 32 Söderhamn